0

It is about mosquitoes actually.

Posted by Dan. Ee. on 3:25 AM
I would like to honestly state here, amid the darkness that has blanketed my room, I am frankly irritated.
Irritated at the fact, that insects are flocking to my computer screen, which is the only thing that is actually bright in the entire room.

Actually, there shouldn't even be such insects. Light insects, I dub them, are crawling through the screen like it is some kind of Animal Planet show their missing on the screen. Or like a makeshift, walk on the cinema kind of fad among light insects.
Imagery aside, why are there even such insects roaming on my screen?

I lived here for more than two years, and I have never experienced such insects on my screen in the middle of the night. Oh wait, I think I know why.
You see, there are two windows in the room that I am living in. And apparently, my room is located on the part of the building where it is facing this huge ass tree, all green and roots sticking out and all that. Let me see.. with trees that size, and it is the thing that is in front of your window, surely there is that odd one or two weird insects that come in for an excursion or claim permanent residency in some dark recess of the cupboards in my room, or that lonely shelf, or that wall corner.

And considering the ridiculous one track, fickle minded weather of the equatorial country I live in, the tree that is looming right in front me could well be breeding ground for God's most little joke: mosquitoes.
And not considering other wildlife that haunt the the tree, like bats, weird ass birds, giant moths (the big black ones that seem to just get stuck on the wall, never flying away) that might be thinking of placing their lodgings with their six generations together under my bed. I am surprised there isn't an actual biological orgy going under my bed at the moment.

So why all the unnecessary documentation of wildlife that is literally around me? You see, there are two, TWO windows in each room. Simple open and shut contraptions. Push to open, pull to close, and there is that odd latch to seal it tight. The most effective barrier, the wall, the unyielding shield against these hapless insects.

Only. If it is closed.
Open, it is like Chinese New Year for all the 8392373567 insects + whatever organisms that has wings or light enough to be blown in.
And if considered that I am too lazy to close the window, and to assume that pulling that curtain, somewhat a surrogate window, will protect me from all those weird ass insects from sharing my bed and breakfast.
I am oh boy, so wrong.

Mosquitoes in particular, are the prime bitches, the culmination of all things annoying and evil and ridiculously.. annoying. They are literally invisible until you feel that odd itch on where it last bit you. And in a place like mine, on a bad day, you will feel like Nosferatu's discarded meal thanks to an armada of mosquitoes thinking its Thanksgiving.

All because I left the window open.
I closed the window from then on.

But no, my room mate, bless him. He is doesn't get bitten as often as I do.
and he leaves his window WIDE OPEN.
And I become the unwilling blood sacrifice from 2am to 6am.
And the cycle repeats itself.

The Shieldtox/Insect Repellent in a can is standing by. Waiting for its pressurized, poisoned content to be breathed by the insects that are retarded enough to take a meal out of me.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 The Clucking Bull All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.