0

Absentia. And music. Mostly music.

Posted by Dan. Ee. on 11:56 AM


Finally found the time to write something after all.

For starters, I discovered a hidden gem of an artist - Silbermond. German Pop. If you impartial to foreign music (notably European) THEY ARENT FOR YOU. Nein? Because I lately discovered that listening to foreign songs especially Russian, or German ones, are sort of an acquired taste.
*Singer's kinda cute too =D*


No really, it is.

The people that I know listen to these languages are countable with a single hand, maybe even less than that.

I heard many comments regarding the German songs especially, as it is my most favourite language at this point.

- This sounds like bad English.
- Sound like a distorted version of English.
- How can you listen to this?

I have no idea too. It is an acquired taste. Just like eating raw salmon sushi or grilled eel.











Rather I want to ask the people who assaulted me with those kinds of questions; when the music is good, should the language matter at all?

I would've got some very interesting replies had they weren't busy tuning into the English twaddle that is desecrating the airwaves these days.

If you haven't heard, go and listen to Rebecca Black's Friday on youtube. You will witness what is I call the beginning of the end of what music used to be.
In layman's terms, music is devolving back to its prehistoric state where cavemen howl and bang their heads on stone (just an assumption though).

So seriously, I recommend STRONGLY, listen to foreign songs, as they might be the only salvation for your ears.
Oh wait, I know you're thinking: What's with him being a hater towards good music?
Dear reader, if that thought be entering your collapsible mind, bless you child. You're young. There is much to learn in the world.

Ok no.

Bye.



p.s: That' artist's songs, are all in German. Try it!!

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 The Clucking Bull All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.